The Seventh Framework Programme (FP7) for Euratom
- Directorate-General for Energy and Transport (DG TREN) - nuclear fission, radiation protection, nuclear safeguards, nuclear fuels supply, surveillance/transports nucl. materials, decommissioning, EU legislation
- Directorate-General for Research (DG RTD) is responsible for coordinating medium- to long-term nuclear energy research.
- The Joint Research Centre (JRC) - short-term technical support, longer-term strategic research, seven JRC institutes are located on five separate sites in Belgium , Germany , Italy , the Netherlands and Spain.
ENS - European Nuclear Society
FORATOM - European Atomic Forum
IAEA - International Atomic Energy Agency (UN)
NEA - Nuclear Energy Agency (OECD)
WNA - World Nuclear Association
Decommissioning and Waste Management (D&WM) Programme of the JRC
- EU Decommissioning - the European Commission website on the decommissioning of nuclear installations.
- GEDEPEON - organisation for studies of waste management with innovative options (in French).
- Radioactive Waste Organisation - reference source for radioactive waste management professionals.
- European Utility Requirements for LWR nuclear power plants - the European electricity producers aim at harmonization of the conditions in which the LWR (light-water reactor) nuclear power plants to be built.
- Generation IV International Forum (GIF) - this is coordinating research and development on so-called generation-IV reactor concepts - the nuclear fission reactors of the future. Euratom is a member of GIF.
- Joint Safety Research Index (JSRI II) - this provides the general strategy for the dissemination of information on nuclear research activities in the European Union.
- The European Radiation Dosimetry Group ( EURADOS ) stimulates collaboration between European laboratories in the field of dosimetry of ionising radiation.
- The European Radiation Research Society, ERRS is a European non-profit organisation founded in 1959 with the aim of promoting radiation research.
- High Level Expert Group on European Low Dose Risk Research (HLEG) is an initiative of representatives of six national bodies and the Euratom research programme.
- International Commission on Radiological Protection (ICRP) - provides recommendations and guidance on all aspects of protection against ionising radiation.
- International Commission on Radiation Units and Measurements (ICRU) collects and evaluates data and information on radiation measurement and dosimetry.
- United Nations Scientific Committee on the Effects of Atomic Radiation (UNSCEAR) assesses global levels and effects of exposure to ionising radiation.
- European Research Infrastructures Portal - an easy-to-access database on a large number of major European facilities.
- European Strategy Forum on Research Infrastructures (ESFRI) - supporst a coherent approach to policy-making on research infrastructures in Europe and to act as an incubator for international negotiations.
- EURAXESS - Researchers in Motion: jobs, services, and rights for researchers in Europe and abroad.
- The European Nuclear Education Network (ENEN) - its mission is the preservation and further development of higher nuclear education and expertise.
- Marie Curie Actions - mobility fellowships, programme dedicated to researchers' career development, there are restrictions governing the applicability in research areas covered exclusively by Euratom.
- Legislation on nuclear issues: EUR-Lex
- Summaries of nuclear legislation: SCADPlus
- PANS - Book Nucleus
- The Directorate-General for Research is responsible for managing EC funding of fusion research.
- EFDA is responsible for supervising fusion technology R&D, European participation on international collaborations such as ITER, and the scientific exploitation of the JET facilities .
- ITER is a world-wide collaboration involving the EU, Japan , and Russia in the design of the "Next Step" fusion experiment.
- The European organisation ' Fusion for Energy' helps to realise fusion as a future source of energy.
- Actions to promote and develop human mobility in the "Euratom Research and Training Programme on Nuclear Energy"
- The European Fusion Information Network provides basic information about fusion. Additionally, many of the Fusion Associations sites above also contain background material and external links.